A quick belated note to say that from everyone here at Northumberland CFDC, we are very proud of FanSaves for winning the second edition of Renfrew County CFDC’s RC100 Technology Startup Competition (read the coverage in BetaKit). We backed FanSaves through our N1M initiative (click here for our new client spotlight feature) with the support of FedDev Ontario. FanSaves was also recently named a Top 100 Semi-Finalist for Startup of the Year. Their success is Eastern Ontario’s success, from their home base in Cornwall, Ontario, and it is exciting to see their continued development and expanded impact. Congratulations to Shannon and Kris, and the FanSaves team. We’re excited to see the program you’ve built with Algonquin College take shape.
In other news/on the home front:
- Venture13 just wrapped up the highly successful new TECHimmersivE program linking rural youth from Northumberland to the Toronto tech and business sector including experiential learning and industry connections, led by VentureKids Canada and Northeastern University.
- We are launching our all new Eastern Ontario-focused DELIA platform for women’s entrepreneurial finance and development on November 4, 2019! Stay tuned for more (click here to go to the DELIA page).
- Northumberland CFDC’s $3.75 million RIIEO (Rural Innovation Initiative Eastern Ontario) intake is in continuous application mode until funds are fully dedicated. Click here for more information about the regional stream. With the support of FedDev Ontario and the Government of Canada.
- Don’t miss the Tri-Association Manufacturing Conference in Cobourg this fall (October 24, 2019)! Click here for more information and to register.
- Spark Angel Network will be hosting office hours at Venture13 on Friday, September 27, 2019, 10 AM to 3 PM. Click here for more information and to sign up to meet with Kristen Marumoto.
John Hayden, N100