The call for applications for the fifth annual N100 officially went out at the Annual General Meeting of Northumberland CFDC today—held at Team Eagle in Campbellford, Ontario!
Tech startups: you can now submit your N100 applications by the deadline of March 3rd, 2017 at 11:59 EST via Reviewr (click here to apply now).
This is your chance to test your mettle in pursuit of a $100K convertible note: an opportunity to join the vaunted N100 Club (past winners: UCIC, Linkitz, Qoints and PinPress) and take part in serious entrepreneurial development. Through the N100 competitive process we aim to help you hone your pitch, improve your skills, and gain new momentum for your venture.
What’s new this year? We’re excited to announce:
- Quebec-based Budgeto has stepped forward to provide all N100 Top 10 Finalists with a free one-year software license! Thank you to Maxime Delage and his team.
- Our proud partnership with MathWorks (accelerating the pace of engineering and science as the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists) continues into its fifth year: Top 10 Finalists will receive free one-year software licenses with technical support through MathWorks’ accelerator program.
- Astrum Nanji (LUX Equity) and Kamiel Gabriel (UOIT) have officially joined our cadre of special N100 Advisors, along with folks from Spark Centre, UOIT and the University of Waterloo.
- The guys from Port Hope’s DeltaV Accelerator will be leading N100 entrepreneurial development workshops at this year’s Pitch School. We promise not only a chance to hone your pitch and presentation skills, but also gain an introduction to our community: Top 10 N100 Finalists will enjoy a two-day experience in Port Hope.
- Cobourg native Brittany Ugolini (Director - Strategic Partnership at the stellar Canadian startup, Sampler) will be running an exclusive new board room presentation skills training workshop with the N100 Top 5 in Cobourg in June, giving our finalists the benefit of her experience with many of the world’s major brands.
- The N100 Pitch Contest will be held in Cobourg this year at Victoria Hall! This is a public event and a chance for the audience to hear pitches from the Top 10 and listen to direct feedback from the N100 Power Panel.
We’d also like to welcome Bonnie Mactavish to the N100 organizing team at Northumberland CFDC: she will be our organizational guru for the panoply of N100 events that lay ahead.
We look forward to receiving applications for N100 2017.
Let the competition begin!
~John Hayden, for the N100 team.
The Deadline for N100 2017 was March 3rd, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
Thank you to all who applied! Stay tuned for our announcement of the Top 10 2017 N100 Finalists in early April.